The Founder: Lucia Bressan
The owner of the firm, Lucia Bressan, has been a lawyer admitted to the Treviso Registry of the Italian Bar since 2003. She is also a business lawyer, lecturer and member of boards of institutions and associations which work to promote the international dimension of companies and professionals.
She specialises in Corporate and International Commercial Law, having completed post-graduate course in International Trade Law at the University of Turin and the University of European Studies, in collaboration with the UN International Labour Organization in Turin, which became the Master’s Degree Programme in International Trade Law in 2010. She is also an expert in Digital Law and TechLaw.
- Corporate Law and transactions, both national and international (establishment of companies, corporate joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, M&A, due diligence, etc.), business networks;
- International Commercial Law and International Trade Law, Civil Law, National and International Contract Law;
- Digital Law and TechLaw, ICT, e-business, e-commerce, start-ups, privacy and personal data protection, cybersecurity, computer crimes and criminal liability of companies (Italian Legislative Decree 231/2001);
- intellectual property.
- Civil and/or commercial litigation, both national and international;
- National and international arbitration, conciliation and mediation.
The long-standing expertise and the careful analysis of every issue – studied in its own operative context – are combined with passion, dedication and a strong inclination to ‘go above and beyond’, towards the future, in a development-oriented vision.
The direct relationship and constant contact with the client facilitate a full understanding of their specific requirements and allow the creation of ‘tailor-made’ solutions in a continuous exchange of ideas.
Lucia is a lecturer and guest speaker in conferences, seminars and courses on her subjects of specialisation for business people, professionals and experts, in various Italian institutions and companies, as well as corporate and business associations, chambers of commerce and universities.
She is an accredited lecturer for NIBI (New Institute for International Business created by the Milan Chamber of Commerce), Promos (a special agency dedicated to the international activities of small and medium-sized enterprises), Ca’ Foscari Challenge School in Venice, CUOA in Altavilla Vicentina and ICE/ITA (the Institute for Foreign Trade / Italian Trade Agency), where she lectures on numerous courses and Master’s Degree programmes.
- Assosport (in collaboration with the Digital Enterprise Lab from ‘Ca’ Foscari University’ in Venice) – a member of the working group for digital transformation in the sporting industry, since 2016;
- FESI (Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry) Digital Single Market Working Group (Brussels) – a member of the working group for the single digital market, since 2016;
- FESI (Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry) Digital Single Market Working Group (Brussels) – a member of the committee for intellectual and industrial property protection, since 2015;
- Assosport – a member of the Board of Auditors – Treviso, in office since 2013;
- Confindustria Veneto – a member of the Register of Female Candidates for Boards of Directors with Certified Skills, since 2014;
- Committee for equal opportunities of the Treviso Registry of the Italian Bar – an elected member (Oct. 2013 – Feb. 2015);
- The Bellisario Foundation – a member since 2013;
- Professional Women’s Association – a member since 2013;
- European Women Lawyers’ Association – a member since 2013;
- Global Board Ready Women – a member since 2013.
THE LEGAL 500 EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA (EMEA Directory 2014)
recognised Lucia Bressan / the Bressan Law Firm as one of the best professionals / law firms in Italy in terms of skills and professionalism.
Euromoney Legal Media Group Europe Women in Business Law – Awards 2013
ranked Lucia Bressan / the Bressan Law Firm among the seven best professionals / law firms in Italy.
She has collaborated with prestigious international law firms with offices in Italy and abroad, such as Studio Becchis & Masetti in Rome (now Akran Intellectual Property S.r.l.), Studio Nunziante & Partners in Rome (now Nunziante & Magrone) and the Rome base of Watson Farley & Williams, on matters of intellectual and industrial property rights and for complex corporate and commercial operations, both national and international.
Since the 90s, with the dawn of e-commerce in Italy, she has dealt with its innovative solutions for companies and organisations, publishing legal insights on matters of Digital Law and TechLaw.
She is the author of articles on matters of International Law and international trade, commercial transactions and international contracts and intellectual and industrial property. She edits the legal directory of International Law and TechLaw for specialist magazines.
Read the entire list of publications since 1999 here.